In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - Update on tobacco policy »Standardised packaging of tobacco products and Sub Committees on The Smoke-free Premises etc. (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012.Learn more »
National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
On Saturday 25 May, The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth will be host to US radio star, Peter Greenberg.
- Industry and government plan for a healthy future for farming in Wales
- Historic garden is a breakfast TV star
- National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
Sky lanterns: environmental and risk assessment »To establish an evidence base to help any future policy decisions on sky lanterns and helium balloons.Learn more »
- Future management of private water supply pipes
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969 and the Motor Vehicles (Off Road Events) Regulations 1995
- Higher Education (Wales) Bill: Technical consultation
- Consultation - Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (Wales) Regulations 2006 (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- Draft action plan for pollinators
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
23 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Co-ordinated Release of Population and Migration Outputs, May 2012
Internal UK migration(1):
- The number of people moving into Wales from the rest of the UK in the twelve months ending September 2011 was around 52,300. The number of people moving from Wales to the rest of the UK was round 48,200 for the same period. This gives a net inward migration of around 4,100 for the period September 2010 to September 2011.
- The net migration figure of around 4,100 is higher than the net migration figures of 1,900 for the 12 months ending September 2010 and 3,000 for the 12 months ending June 2011.
Information and data published jointly today include:
- Migration Statistics Quarterly Report, May 2012. This summarises the different quarterly datasets and provides key messages from the latest data.
Further information and data published today by the ONS include:
- Provisional estimates of long-term international migration, year ending September 2011
- Population by country of birth and nationality, year ending September 2011
- Internal migration (NHSCR) Interregional movements, year ending September 2011
- Local Area Migration Indicators
Users of this information should note that this is the last release of NHSCR Internal Migration estimates. Annual estimates based on the PRDS only will be published in future.
Further information and data published today by the Home Office include:
- Immigration Statistics – January – March 2012.
Further information and data published today by the DWP include:
- National Insurance Number Allocations to Adult Overseas Nationals – Year to December 2011.
(1) Internal Migration (NHSCR) data is based on the movement of NHS doctor’s patients between former Health Authority Areas in England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland. This is a different data source to the Patient Register Data System (PRDS), which we generally use to analysis internal migration. The PRDS data has been updated to include the student adjustment.
Tel: 029 2082 5616
August 2012 (provisional - to be confirmed on the 'Due Out Soon' page)