In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - Update on tobacco policy »Standardised packaging of tobacco products and Sub Committees on The Smoke-free Premises etc. (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012.Learn more »
Industry and government plan for a healthy future for farming in Wales
Farmers and Welsh Government will come together today to plan for a healthy and vibrant agricultural industry.
- Statement from First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones, on the Woolwich attack
- Historic garden is a breakfast TV star
- Industry and government plan for a healthy future for farming in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
Sky lanterns: environmental and risk assessment »To establish an evidence base to help any future policy decisions on sky lanterns and helium balloons.Learn more »
- Future management of private water supply pipes
- Higher Education (Wales) Bill: Technical consultation
- Renting Homes White Paper
- The draft School Governors’ Annual Reports (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- The future of agricultural statistical data collection methods in Wales
- Consultation - Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (Wales) Regulations 2006 (Amendment) Regulations 2013
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
25 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Welsh Health Survey 2005/06
Supplements the national report and uses data combined from the 2004/05 and 2005/06 surveys to present results at local authority level.
Topics covered are health status, illnesses and other conditions, health-related lifestyle, and health service use. Results are based on a sample survey.
Health status, illnesses and other conditions:
- 16% of adults reported that their health in general was excellent, 34% very good, 29% good, 16% fair, and 6% poor.
- 20% of adults reported currently being treated for high blood pressure, 14% for a respiratory illness, 13% for arthritis, 12% for back pain, 9% for a heart condition (other than high blood pressure), 9% for a mental illness and 6% for diabetes.
- 11% of children were reported as being treated for asthma and 11% for a skin complaint.
- 27% of adults and 4% of children were reported as having a limiting long-term illness.
- 25% of adults reported that they currently smoked.
- 66% of adult non-smokers reported being regularly exposed to other people's tobacco smoke.
- 39% of adults reported that they usually drank more than the daily guidelines for alcohol (on days when they drank), and 19% reported binge-drinking on at least one day in the past week.
- 42% of adults reported eating five or more portions of fruit and vegetables the previous day, and 31% reported meeting the guidelines for physical activity in the past week.
- 56% of adults were classified as overweight or obese, including 19% classified as obese.
Health service use:
- 17% of adults reported that they had talked to a GP about their own health in the past two weeks, and 20% reported attending a hospital outpatient department in the past three months.
- 79% of adults reported using a pharmacist in the past twelve months, 67% a dentist and 46% an optician.
Tel: 029 2082 6710