In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - The Draft Control of Dogs (Wales) Bill »We are committed to ensuring that out-of-control and dangerous dogs are dealt with effectively.Learn more »
Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
Health Minister Mark Drakeford has given a clear message to NHS managers to take action in response to the recent NHS Wales staff survey
- Minister supports International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Porth Eirias set to be major North Wales attraction
- Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
National minimum standards for regulated child care »These standards determine whether child minding and day care settings are providing adequate care for children under the age of 8.Learn more »
- Higher Education (Wales) Bill: Technical consultation
- Renting Homes White Paper
- Continuity and Change - Refreshing the Relationship between Welsh Government and the Third Sector in Wales
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Structural Funds Programmes in Wales
- Development of a national standards and outcomes framework for Children and Young People's advocacy services in Wales
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Rural Development Plan for Wales 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
28 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Environment Research Programme
The Environmental Research Programme supports our challenge to protect and enhance the natural and historic environment of Wales and ensure land is used sustainably.
The research and monitoring programme has the following objectives:
- to provide information to guide the future development of environmental policy in Wales in particular on new legislation and its impact on the environment, taking account of the needs for sustainable development;
- to support implementation of environmental policy to protect and improve the special environmental qualities of Wales; and
- to provide information to monitor the achievement of environmental goals.
The programme aims to underpin the various environmental action plans being developed to help Wales meet the over-arching objectives of our Welsh Environment Strategy.
Environmental research relevant to Wales is funded mainly by Government Departments and Agencies. These can include:
- Department of Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs (DEFRA);
- Department for Energy & Climate Change (DECC);
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC);
- Environment Agency (EA); and
- Countryside Council for Wales (CCW).
Our programme aims to complement this research, ensuring that through collaborative funding and steering of projects, specific Welsh issues are researched adequately.
- Acid Waters Monitoring Network
- Applying UK Climate Projection (UKCP09) Scenarios in Wales
- Environmental Change Network
- Environmental Research Funders Forum
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership
- Wales Air Quality Database
- Wales Environment Research Hub
- Welsh Cetacean Strandings Investigation Programme.
- Air Quality Monitoring at Nant-y-Gwyddon Landfill
- Biodiversity Indicators relevant to Agri-environment Schemes and CAP reform
- Climate Change Upland Impacts – Monarch 2 and 3
- Countryside Survey
- ECOSSE 2 - Estimating Carbon in Organic Soils - Sequestration and Emissions
- Effects of Land Management on Soil and Water Quality at Pontbren
- ENVASSO UK - Environmental Assessment of Soil for Monitoring
- Long Term Sewage Sludge Trials
- North Wales Coast - Sea-to-Land Transfer
- Organic Soils as Carbon Sinks
- Private Sewers Consultation
- Regional & Welsh Appraisal of Resource Productivity & Development – Co-ordination and Communication
- Water Framework Directive - Collaborative Research Programme
- Water Framework Directive - Economic Assessment
- Wye, Powys Habitat Improvement Scheme (WyePHISH).
Related External links
Acid Waters Monitoring Network
This network monitors the chemical and ecological impact of acid deposition in areas of the UK believed to be sensitive to acidification.
Air Quality in Wales
This is the website of the Welsh Air Quality Forum. It provides comprehensive monitoring data from local authorities.
Cetacean Strandings Investigation Programme
This programme co-ordinates the investigation of all whales, dolphins and porpoises (collectively known as cetaceans), marine turtles and basking sharks that strand around the UK coastline.
Environmental Change Network
This network provide data, monitoring and research to detect and interpret environmental change.
Green House Gas Inventory
This site provides an independent estimate of the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions.
Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership
This partnership develops and co-ordinates an evidence base about marine climate change impacts.
Wales Environment Research Hub
The hub is a collaborative venture to provide focus for co-ordinating strategic environmental research needs in Wales.