In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - Update on tobacco policy »Standardised packaging of tobacco products and Sub Committees on The Smoke-free Premises etc. (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2012.Learn more »
National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
On Saturday 25 May, The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth will be host to US radio star, Peter Greenberg.
- Industry and government plan for a healthy future for farming in Wales
- Historic garden is a breakfast TV star
- National Library base for US Radio Travel programme
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
Sky lanterns: environmental and risk assessment »To establish an evidence base to help any future policy decisions on sky lanterns and helium balloons.Learn more »
- Future management of private water supply pipes
- Amendments to the Motor Vehicle (Competitions and Trials) Regulations 1969 and the Motor Vehicles (Off Road Events) Regulations 1995
- Higher Education (Wales) Bill: Technical consultation
- The draft School Governors’ Annual Reports (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- The future of agricultural statistical data collection methods in Wales
- Consultation - Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (Wales) Regulations 2006 (Amendment) Regulations 2013
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
24 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Collections, whether objects, books or documents, form the core of museum, archive and library services.
CyMAL and Collections
We can provide advice on how to care for collections, and can provide training on many aspects of collection care. Our Collections Adviser is responsible for providing advice and developing policy on collections care. She also provides practical hands-on training in areas such as handling and packing museum objects.
We can also offer collections care training such as practical workshops in housekeeping, disaster planning, museum security and care of photographs. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 062 2123.
Conservation ensures that the heritage of Wales is preserved for future generations.
See the Conservation page for more information regarding conservation, and how we support conservation projects in Wales. This includes a summary of projects jointly funded with the National Manuscripts Conservation Trust (NMCT).
Emergency planning is an important preventive conservation measure. Events can happen which impact on the ability of a museum, archive or library to function as normal. Collections and services can suddenly come under threat and the organisation will be expected to react efficiently and effectively.
It is important for all collecting organisations to be thinking long term and be prepared for any eventuality that threatens the visitors, the staff, the collection and the normal operation of business.
Further Advice and Useful Resources for collections care and management
A list of organisations, websites and resources that can aid your institution with collections care and management are provided.
It includes links to:
- Resources available from the Association of Independent Museums
- An introduction to the work of the British Standards Institute and conservation activity across Britain, including links to relevant standards
- the Due Diligence Guidelines produced by the Museums Association
- the Canadian Conservation Institute notes, Collections Link, Benchmarks in Collections Care, Conservation Register and the Preservation Advisory Centre.