In this section
Section highlightHouses into homes This report details findings to emerge from the evaluation during the first six months of delivery (April to September 2012).
Written Statement - The Draft Control of Dogs (Wales) Bill »We are committed to ensuring that out-of-control and dangerous dogs are dealt with effectively.Learn more »
Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
Health Minister Mark Drakeford has given a clear message to NHS managers to take action in response to the recent NHS Wales staff survey
- Minister supports International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- Porth Eirias set to be major North Wales attraction
- Minister tells NHS managers: "Listen to your staff and take action"
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
National minimum standards for regulated child care »These standards determine whether child minding and day care settings are providing adequate care for children under the age of 8.Learn more »
- Continuity and Change - Refreshing the Relationship between Welsh Government and the Third Sector in Wales
- Repealing air quality ‘Further Assessments’ from Part IV of the Environment Act 1995
- Equality Impact Assessment of the 2014-2020 Rural Development Plan for Wales
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Structural Funds Programmes in Wales
- Development of a national standards and outcomes framework for Children and Young People's advocacy services in Wales
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Rural Development Plan for Wales 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Implementing the Domestic Fire Safety (Wales) Measure 2011
29 days left
In this section
Section highlightFurther and Higher Education (Governance and Information) (Wales) Bill 2013
Removes a number of technical restrictions and controls on colleges without changing the principal powers of colleges to provide further, higher and secondary education.
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2012-13 »
Proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2012-13, which was published on 26 June 2012.Learn more »
Digital Wales Advisory Network
We have set up an external advisory network, the Digital Wales Advisory Network, to provide Ministers with regular expert advice.
In late 2010, we established the Digital Wales Advisory Board (DWAB) to provide Ministers with regular expert advice. Their first Annual Report is available to download here. In 2012, we have evolved the board into a Network.
Membership has been drawn from a range of interests, reflecting both our commitment to inclusive policy making and expertise from each of the 5 main themes. All members have agreed to work on a pro-bono basis.
- Simon Gibson OBE (Independent Chair) - Chief Executive of Wesley Clover, a venture fund specialising in seeding technology companies. He previously co-founded Ubiquity Software Corporation - named Innovator of the year in 2001
- James Elias – Marketing Director Google UK. Before Joining Google, James spent seven years helping to build a name for US brand E-Trade in the UK, and immediately before joining Google gained an MBA from the Insead Business School in France
- Dr David Grant CBE - Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University since October 2001. Dr Grant has overseen the merger between Cardiff University and the University Of Wales College Of Medicine and the awarding of University Status to Cardiff
- Prof. Ian Hargreaves CBE - Professor of Digital Economy at Cardiff University. Prof. Hargreaves is the Chair of Digital Economy, based jointly in Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and Cardiff Business School
- Ron Jones CBE - Chair of the Creative Industries Panel and Executive Chairman of Tinopolis, one of the UK’s largest independent television production companies
- Dr Sangeet Bhullar - the Founder and Executive Director of WISE KIDS, a non-profit organisation providing innovative training programmes and consultancy in New Media, Internet and Mobile Technologies, Internet Proficiency, Literacy and Safety
- Andrew Green - Chief Executive Officer of the National Library of Wales. The National Library is well known around the world for its work on digitisation: converting print, archival and other documents into digital versions and making them available to all through the Web
- Professor Gareth Hughes - until his recent retirement, the Chief Executive of the European Regional Information Society Association (ERIS) - a European regional network association committed to supporting members’ economic and social development through ICT-based innovation
- David Hylands – until his recent retirement, the Chief Information Systems Officer at Wrexham County Borough Council and a Local Government representative on the Public Sector Broadband Aggregation Project
- Huw Jones – Chair of S4C Authority and Deputy Chair of the Wales Employment and Skills Board. Previously S4C’s longest serving Chief Executive
- Jean-Francois Schmid - Director of Research and Technology at BT Innovate & Design. Prior to BT, he was Senior Strategy Director for Cable & Wireless focusing on their international operations