In this section
Section highlightThe People’s NHS Part of an initiative to engage the public in creating a safe and sustainable health service for the future.
Spreading the word »Action on the ground to increase learning materials in the medium of Welsh.Learn more »
First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
People from across Wales with an interest in the Welsh language are being asked to take action on its future in a national online conversation.
- Local Government Democracy Bill approved
- Minister welcomes report which could change shape and structure of education delivery in Wales for the better
- First Minister’s call for action on the Welsh language
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Housing and community
- Improving public services
Welsh languageWelsh-language technology and digital media action plan
The action plan sets out our commitment to drive developments in the field of Welsh-language technology and digital media.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightAccess to information
The Welsh Government has followed the principles of openness in government for many years. Find out how you can make a freedom of information request or see requests that have already been made.
The Strategy for Older People in Wales 2013-2023 »The 3rd phase focuses on ensuring that older people in Wales have the resources to deal with the challenges and opportunities they face.Learn more »
- A new vision for a National Youth Work Strategy
- The future delivery of education services in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 23 Economic Development
- Draft industrial and commercial sector plan
- Waste Prevention Programme
- Building Control system and Approved Document supporting regulation 7
Featured consultation »Improving access to substance misuse treatment for veterans
66 days left
In this section
Section highlightIndex of Planning Policy Guidance for Wales
Our land use planning policy guidance is set out in two core documents, "Planning Policy Wales" and "Minerals Planning Policy Wales".
Legislative programme 2012 - 2013 »
Addressing the Assembly in the Senedd today, the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, detailed the eight bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the second year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightCommunity Infrastructure Levy
Local authorities can charge a Community Infrastructure Levy on new developments to support the infrastructure needed.
Infrastructure Investment Case Studies »
Examples of infrastructure investment projects funded by the Welsh Government across Wales.Learn more »
A Road Less Travelled - A Draft Gypsy Traveller Strategy Consultation Document
The need to consider the way in which public policy addresses the needs of Gypsies and Travellers has been recognised by the Welsh Assembly Government. The One Wales document epitomises this recognition and has translated it into a specific
commitment to produce an All Wales Gypsy Traveller Strategy.
Living on the periphery of society has severe implications for Gypsy Travellers communities in Wales and their ability to access essential services. Some of the issues that need to be addressed in order to ensure that Gypsy Travellers in Wales no longer feel excluded and vulnerable in Welsh society are:
- social exclusion and racism
- educational disadvantage
- cultural and safety issues; and
- social and economic issues.
The aim of this strategy is to:
- realise our commitment to the Gypsy Traveller community
- ensure equality of opportunity for Gypsies and Travellers in Wales
- think about new ways in which we can enable Gypsy and Traveller communities to access resources not always available to them by ensuring our services are flexible enough to respond to the needs of Gypsies and Travellers.
Following the consultation period the draft strategy 'A Road Less Travelled' was revised and renamed 'Travelling to a Better Future: A Gypsy and Traveller Framework for Action and Delivery Plan'. Please find the Consultation Report below and the framework for action in the Related Links.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (7)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (16)
Children and young people (28)
Culture and sport (10)
Education and skills (161)
Environment and countryside (183)
Equality and diversity (12)
Finance and Law (5)
Health and social care (164)
Housing and community (91)
Improving public services (10)
Local government (78)
Older people (10)
Social justice (3)
Sustainable development (3)
Welsh language (6)